Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First trip to the ER

We have officially made our first trip to the ER with Hayden.  And if she is anything like her Mommy, it will be the first of many!!  Hayden woke up at 4:00am and was just barely crying in her crib.  I watched her on the monitor for a minute and I saw her throw up.  I went in there, cleaned it up, and she went back to sleep.  I thought she just had a little tummy ache.  She woke up again at 5:30 throwing up a lot more.  She couldn't breathe and wasn't very responsive.  She would just cough and cry and throw up.  It was the saddest thing I have ever seen!  And, it was really scary!!!  I called the on-call nurse and she said to take her to the ER to have her checked out and make sure she wasn't dehydrated.  

Of course, as soon as the Dr. walked in, Hayden started smiling and laughing.  I'm sure he was thinking, "why is this child here?" But, then they gave her an anti-nausea medicine and she threw up everywhere.  They did a chest x-ray and everything looked fine.  He said that it wasn't an allergic reaction, but it was probably just a really bad virus.  So, luckily we left with some Pedialyte and a sleepy baby.  

She is doing much better now.  She has slept most of the day, but she is happy and smiley and back to her perfect little self!! 

No comments: